Monday, June 20, 2011

Half of the next month and a birthday skirt

Wow I have done more on this quilt in the last two days than I have done in FOREVER!!!! The next row is made of 10 smaller blocks, I think it is called whirlwind, maybe. So I have finished one of the colourways, and I really like it. I am not a big triangle fan I must admit. I do like rows, blocks, squares. But for some reason I do like this. And even better I think I have made these quite nicely too. O.k, well not the one I photographed. Why is it the photo always seems to be of the worst one you make??This is quite cute and rather bright and summery, which as it is the middle of winter is quite nice!

I know I said I would blog about a merino I made Ryan, but that last couple of months really has been merino overload for me, so instead I made a skirt. A family that we are friendly with, their daughter is turning 5. So we have a party invite and of course a present to sort. I asked if there was anything they needed and the mum said clothes. Totally awesome for me of course!! I had just ordered most beautiful fabric from Sew Addictive fabrics, when it arrive I knew it would be perfect. I made Adele a skirt last year which was really cute, simple and would show this new fabric off perfect. I sent a text off for measurements and even better I had enough!.

I got the idea from one of those amazing Japanese sewing books. If you ever get the chance to look through one do. It is in Japanese but the pictures are so easy to follow that it makes it look to follow. I just cut the full length of the fabric, worked out how long I wanted each layer and then gathered a little up the side. Then put on an elastic waist band. Super simple and with this fabric I think looks super duper stunning. And of course looks so much better in real life. Not long to the party. Which then means not long till Ryan turns 5 and then starts school. I will have a big boy.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment