Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pirate Dress

Ryan has his first kindy disco coming up. I know it isn't really a big thing, but you know I don't care! I want it to still be special and well there is only so long that you can dress them up like dolls. So while no Ryan isn't wearing a dress, we have another family who we are rather friendly with who has a daughter that attends the same kindy and of course she too has her first kindy disco. So I get an e-mail, do you want to dress them up matching!! Well hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pretty much creative instruction was left to me and I came up with a couple of options and we made the choice to go with a super duper girlie dress, in pirate fabric. Both of them are so into "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" it just made a perfect choice. Plus Ryan can have a little something and it isn't girlie. At nearly 5 he is starting to have strong options about what is girlie and what is not. So I made the Simplicity 2709 three tier ruffle dress. I think this is out of print now which is a shame as I have used it a few times and have really loved it. I did change it a little, they had the top of the second ruffle exposed, so I just cut the skirt part in half and joined it all up with the top of the ruffle on the inside (if that makes sense) I had seen that in other layered dress and tops and thought it looked so much nicer. I still have the zip to do, that will be tonight's job, but is this not the cutest pirate dress IN THE WORLD!!!!!!


So I did the lining and the second ruffle with the polka dots, it is a really soft and light cotton and sort of floats around. Now I got every thing from Spotlight and I was so pleased to find this fabric in the cheaper stack of fabrics. I am not a fabric snob and as long as the design meets my needs I go for it. Really this is the perfect combo.

So now for Ryan's. I am making him a waist coat in the pirate fabric and a tie in the spots. So that is the plan for tomorrow. And of course there will be photos to come from the disco night, will have to show off the cute pair!

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment