Sunday, June 5, 2011

A treat for my girl

I saw on Cotton Kiwi she had made a puffball, bubble, balloon (take your pick on the name) skirt for her daughter and I had been looking for such a pattern. She said it was easy, so that sealed the deal and I brought it. Just a side note, I brought it from The Book Depository in the UK, on-line of course, free shipping and cheaper than Whitcoulls! Wow. So I waited and an even bigger surprise it arrived maybe a week. The book is lovely, some great ideas and loads of lovely inspiring photos. And of course the skirt! And yes it was that simple. Even with the gathering and stuff I think you could do it in 1.5 hours. So I did a cotton outer and merino lining. I think it looks great, Adele refuses to wear it. She even hid it and then packed it away in a bag. I told her I would give it away, usually the words to make her wear it, and she said o.k. So very gutted. She is going through a full on pink phase and since this skirt is purple, green and brown she doesn't want it. So it will either go to the kids will friend or my online shop. The elastic is twisted some how in the process so mostly likely to be gifted, if I try to sell it I will have to fix the elastic and since I am so gutted she doesn't like it I don't know if I can fix it.






















So as you can see I have been missing from blog land. I have been busy with TWO markets. I am sure I have mentioned them. One I did really well, well I was pleased. The other one, not so good. But from I have heard from talking to others that is how it can be. But it was still exciting going through the whole experience. There have been a whole bunch of learning from both of them. And I have had a few second round of orders so that is good too. I like the markets because people know exactly what they are buying so they can make that choice on the spot.

Right I have to go make a cake, it is a wet, cold day, so cake will be high on the list of things to eat!

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment