Monday, August 15, 2011

Another merino hoodie

Blair loved his first hoodie so much he wanted another one. This time he wanted a heavier weighted knit. So of course I said yes. We did a quick trip to the fabric shop and I was getting all excited, what colours this time, blue, rust, red. But no, oh no not at all. Wait for it, it will rock your socks, black....... and .......... grey. What, like your last one!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm yeah, I don't like colour. Wow, exciting! But you know if that's what he feels comfortable in, then that is what I should make. Once in the store I have to admit he did at least pick some lovely textured black and very heavy and a lovely felted grey, marbled colour. So all and all I was pretty pleased. Driving back he asked what I was going to do with the left over fabric and I started a big talk about selling one and off setting the cost of what we spent today, very practical and all. And in a moment of wow, out there babe, he wanted a second hoodie, but the colours the OTHER WAY! So thankfully there was just enough to make two hoodies. So far I have done number one and I do love it and it will keep him so super warm.
The other one is about half done. Have already emailed him a photo and he loves it. And I guess that really is the most important thing.
The kids have been up and down with the most crazy virus. It has lasted a good two months, if not more. Coughing, temps and just super grumpy. Not I think I have it. So totally drained and really I could go back to bed now. I just have to get to about 4 when Blair gets home. Trying to keep busy, I sat in the bean bag before and if Adele hadn't jumped on me I would be asleep.
Man it has taken me forever to write this!
o.k time for some more mousse
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment