Thursday, August 11, 2011

Blue pancakes...I am such a rock n roll star!

I am sure, like most schools around the world, you will be familiar with some sort of healthy eating program at schools. The kids learn good/some times foods, blah blah blah. I do support it, I think it is a great idea, to a point. At our last Playcentre meeting one of the mums was getting all up set that we made cheese scones and biscuits as part of our process baking. They weren't healthy enough. Fair point if that was ALL your child ate. But the mums are a great bunch who have their kids eat a balanced diet of foods. So anyway I was feeling slightly annoyed at been "told off" and then my son came home from kindy and announced that he would no longer eat raisins as they had sugar in them. Man alive!!! So I made blue pancakes and covered them with syrup...for the kids. Adele turned her nose up at them, but Ryan, boss of the good/bad foods, ate a whole bunch. And yes I did send him outside for a few hours to run it all off. And I might just have used cream instead of milk. See I am a rock n roll star!!!!!


This is the second bunch of 9 square blocks. They are all sewn together now. Still haven't managed to get into town to get a new cutter. At least now I have them already to go. Then a whole bunch more sewing to put them back together. I have two spare which I am planning to make matching pillowslips with. We have quite pain walls and black curtains, so a bit of colour is totally going to "rock". On a theme here!!!

Blair is working again tonight, not sure what to do with myself now. Of course there is always some sewing to do but my plan was to work on the quilt that is now finished. Well finished as far as I can go. Oh dear what to do...

Tx

2 comments:

  1. You really do have to shake your head sometimes! My bugbear is people who wont let their kids climb trees in case they fall out!! Having said that one of my sons did and broke his arm but he learnt from it - and now knows what size branch will hold his weight :) Love your blue pancakes - good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel, all the PC-ness does my head in some time!! And shock horror, the kids don't wear shoes outside sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete