Monday, August 29, 2011

Home


Last week the weather was fantastic and Blair was off work so we were rebels and took Ryan out of kindy for a couple of days and we all took off to the beach. I was really good and didn't take my sewing machine and only cut out a small amount of fabric. It was a tough choice but I sort of needed a bit of a break and we really wanted to make the most of the family time. Ryan will be starting school soon so this month is quite special.
It was great, we had coffee out, lots of walks and Blair even got to go out for a spot of fishing. We go to a really small beach town, Whiritoa, and there is the best park. Well it is small but our kids love it and still love going there. Because the beach is so quiet they get the whole park pretty much to themselves every time.
We have been going there for so long now. We lived there for a few months when we were building our house, Blair and I always comment on how much we loved it. I would happily live there but the commute for Blair's job is just too long to do it forever. It just makes our time over there that much more special!
And of course as any good person does on a break I baked a lemon cake! It was OK, not my usual recipe, had three eggs and only one cup of flour so it was quite egg-y. Must have been OK though as I turned my back and Ryan had eaten half of it, no kidding!!!!
I have been asked to do another fundraiser (well hopefully), so busy trying to work out what I will sew up for it. I have a few tops and adult leggings so thinking a few more kids leggings and some more wraps. Have done quite a bit over the last few days so quite pleased with myself.
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment