Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pants for my wee man

I feel a wee bit sorry for Ryan, there is hundreds of lovely cute girls patterns for everything, boys not so much. To me a lot of the patterns are very similar and not a whole lot of variety. I do try very hard to make sure he gets his fair share of sewing, a lot of it is the same old stuff over and over again. So far he hasn't noticed this and is just happy to get something new. So this morning I made him a new pair of pants. He picked out this fabric ages ago from Spotlight when he was going through his soldier stage. Then he didn't like it because it wasn't all green and just recently he likes it again, so striking while the iron is hot I made these. It is the good old, well used, Burda 9641. I have made these so so many times and I quite like it. 4 year old boys love pockets for treasures and these have great pockets, plus you can put many many more on. The fabric is a drill, so hopefully be hard wearing as he is starting to wear out his knees, I think the sand pit is becoming a firm favourite at kindy.
Been a productive morning as I have also made a new batch of cheese. I managed to get 6 rounds this time, which is brilliant as I usually get 4 and a bit. So very pleased. No idea why I got more this time, made it exactly the same as all the others, but certainly not complaining!
Oh and the birthday present was well received!
Tx

2 comments: