Monday, August 15, 2011

WIP and pudding

It is heading to the end of the month and I finally got round to starting my Amy Butler style stitches bag. This month it is the Fringed Hobo Bag. I can admit to not really liking this one AT ALL. Once I looked on the hosts blog and saw a few of the others and saw the inspiration I got a bit more enthused about it. And I saw a few with out the fringe and that appealed to me a whole lot more. I had some floral, purple fabric left over from a skirt I made and just needed the fleece, facing and contrasting fabric. The thing with Amy Butler's patterns is they are well made and constructed. Due to this, the other bits you need quickly add up. Once I finally worked out how to attached the contrasting yolk part (I just couldn't work out her instructions, I had it in my head one way and when her instructions didn't match my brain I just couldn't get it to work. A little googling and problem solved) it came together pretty quickly. I have done the outer layer and the lining will be a whole heap quicker as it doesn't have the contrasting yolk. Not sure what I will do with the bag, I am thinking maybe a Christmas present. Blair's family doesn't read this so I can show you anything I do for them as it happens. Anyway, here is the outer
I made another batch of cheese a few days ago and we had a whole heap of cream left over. So Blair wanted me to make him chocolate mousse. So a whole heap of cream and dark chocolate mixed together and is at this moment in the fridge setting. YUM!!!!!!
I have layered it with the mousse, grated chocolate and whipped cream. Oh my it is going to be so tasty. Now the recipe is from Donna Hay's chocolate book.
Melt 200 grams of chocolate with 75 grams butter butter together on a low heat, stir until smooth. Pour into a bowl and beat in 4 egg yolks. Whip 1 cup of cream to soft peaks. Set aside. Whisk the 4 egg whites with 2 table spoons of icing sugar. Fold cream into chocolate and then the egg whites. Pour into fancy glasses and chill for 3 hours.
Today was super productive as I made cupcakes, went fabric shopping, cut out two jerseys for Blair and turn the cheese. Just call me supermum!!
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment