Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A whole lot of quilting!!!!!

I have been rushed, flat out doing sewing for my "Silly Goose". So unless it has been essential sewing, clothes for Ryan, jersey for Blair, I haven't really had any time for much else! Dont get me wrong I am super pleased at how well that side of my life has been going, amazed!!! BUT, I really am falling behind in my quilt a long through Donna's and my own quilt, well next winter at this stage. So tonight I got my current orders done (yes Lucy if you are reading this, no lies it is all done) and since Blair is doing a night shift I have been at the sewing machine for nearly two hours quilting! It was quite soothing. I think I needed it.This is my first four months worth of blocks all sewn together. I learned a very valuable lesson, need using your quilting foot, don't forget what the 1/4 inch marking is and then have half the seams in 1/4 and half in 1/2. Hence you seem some random blue boarders. Adds a bit of individuality. I am not too worried after all as I have said before, it is all about the learning! I think this will end up making quite a good size lap quilt. Or maybe even a play blanket for the kids outside when they are building forts or having tea parties. Either way I am sure this will get a lot of fun use.
I have finally made a massive amount of progress on our quilt! My cutter is blunt so I thought best not to try and cut the sewn 9 square blocks. I now have 5 made blocks for cutting and two completed blocks. I am just loving the full on colours of this one! I am sure the massive white squares will work out perfect. Tone it down a little. Every time I do some work on this it makes me happy. So on my bed I am hoping my room will be a whole bunch of colourful happiness!

Now off to watch some trashy reality t.v. Something Blair HATES!!! Yes I know I shouldn't but since I am not eating chocolate a bit of mindless t.v. is o.k?? He is working tomorrow night too, so hopefully I manage to finish of the rest of the big blocks. I think I need to do six more, I managed five tonight so that should be easy.

Tx


2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking fabulous!
    Finding time is always a juggling job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Now though, I think it will be on the back burner for a while...NEED more fabric for it :(

    ReplyDelete