Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I am baaaaccckkkk!!!!!!

I have been missing in action. But I have been a little rushed off my feet. Blair has been crazy busy at work and I did a couple of markets and had two big orders out of the blue. I haven't really been doing a whole lot of crafting other than going crazy sewing for markets. The markets haven't been overly positive but I am hoping it is just because it is summer here and merino is better known as a winter item. I am keeping positive for winter. Plus with the help of a friend I have come up with, well in my opinion, a cool baby wrap. I will post about it next time. I have sold a few of them, but I am really hoping a few more will leave me soon.
On the crafting front I finally got this one quilted. It had been sitting on my floor a while, waiting for the right moment. So I took it in thinking I could finish it and give it to my sister-in-law for her wedding. As per usual now I have it home I really love it. I tried in on Adele's bed and it is not really a single bed size, more of a "cuddle on the couch" size. It is so bright and happy I am not sure I will be able to part with it.
Plus the squares are not perfect so really I can't gift it...can I ;)
Tonight Blair has to work on his car so I am planning to get a whole heap of Adele's Christmas quilt done. I have made good progress. So I am crossing my fingers that tomorrow I will have so much to show you. I want to get it finished this week so I can get it into the quilter. Of course with it being a Christmas quilt it really needs to be all finished by 1 December to go on her bed. What can I say, I must love being busy he he he
Tx

2 comments:

  1. I know that if i was you i would be thinking of every excuse in the book to keep that gorgeous quilt but i have to say that if i was your Sis in law and you had made and gifted that to me i would be over the moon! Its divine! Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt, it does not matter if it is not perfect, anyone would love it, because it comes from you, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete