Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My new Wraps


A lady from my Play Centre asked me if I could make her something. I said yes. Pretty simple really. She had seen a merino wrap that she liked but wanted it a bit different, things a bit longer, wider and well different. This sounded like a great project to me and I came round and we started working on it straight away. I had about 100 other things to do but this sounded soooooo much more exciting, making my own pattern, trialing it on a real person other than my family. Wow and to be honest, I was just excited some one asked ME to do something.
So I did one, changed it only a little and now have my merino pouch baby wraps. They have been pretty popular so far. I have a small tweaking I want to do but overall I am pretty pleased with how they are. My sewing machine isn't all that keen on the many layers it has to sew through. But as I am starting to realise, I need a slightly more heavy duty one any way!
And well to be fair, her wee baby makes anything look cute! Man oh man, there are so many babies at Play Centre at the moment...YUM!!!
So I have a few listed over the place
Plus I have some lovely stripe merino that I am planning to make into wraps too, they will be just lovely.
Anyway that's enough "selling" for one blog post.
I got some bad news today. The red rosebud is not wide enough for Adele's quilt and they believe that joining it wont be a good idea. So I have to either take the white boarder off or find a different backing. Gutted... I think it will be a new fabric as I just don't think I can take it apart, but I really love the red rosebud. I have to let them know by tomorrow.
Right time to go and look at fabrics for Christmas presents. Some times I think the best part about crafting is the fabric selection, I just love looking and planning.
Tx

1 comment:

  1. i wish i'd had a wrap like that when my houdini daughter was a baby. We just could not keep her tucked into a swaddling wrap but that looks absolutely brilliant wriggle-proof! Well done

    ReplyDelete