Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New Shorts


Adele has made the choice not to pretty much wear any skirts. This has gutted me greatly. She has a whole heap of skirts. Even if she will wear a skirt within 5 mins it is off and replaced by leggings. I don't have a complete issue with leggings, but I love skirts. So in the effort to make a bit of a peace offering I made her some shorts. Now she tells me only boys wear shorts. And still has to have her leggings on. Oh well... Lucky I can make leggings I guess.
So here are the peace offering shorts, New Look 6473. It is super easy. I added a tiny ruffle to the bottom on them just to add a bit of length and make them a little less boring. All I did was cut a 2 inch band from the whole width of the fabric, iron in half (no hemming) and gather the heck out of it. There was a bit left over, so I think the width will work for a size 4, 5 and maybe a 6. I guess it depends on just how much you gather it. Done. The fabric is from my fabric box, from Spotlight during a sale, a year or so ago. It is pretty cute. I am hoping she likes them. They haven't come straight off so that is good and Blair has made all the right "Oh wow you are so cute" noises.
I brought (another) cook book, it is a Christmas goodies book. So I am hoping to make some things from it tonight when the kids are in bed. Sometimes you just want to cook by yourself. You know what I mean. And the first time can be a bit tricky without the kids wanting to help.
Almost kindy time, so better try and get some munch into her.
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment