Monday, September 9, 2013

Another Birthday

Thursday is Ryan's birthday. I have really had to think hard about what to make him this time round. He is not a baby but not a man. Likes jeans and Batman but still likes cuddles from mum. Usually it's a pair of shorts in what ever he is into at the time. This birthday though, I just wasn't sure if he would still be into mum made. 

I made him a vest from Oliver and S.

He grew out of his old vest so I figure this could be a winner. 

I guess I am doubting myself and don't want to put the kids in a position to be teased because of what I like. The last pair of pants I made for the kids.... They both got teased about wearing PJ pants to school and kindy. The hulk/denim for Ryan and the pink super Heros for Adele. They didn't seem to mind, this time. 

Anyway, I made the explorer vest size large so hopefully it is big enough. Adele is quite taken with it and eyeing it up.



Lots of pockets for treasures.


Fully lined plus I lined the inside of the pockets too.


 I have a bit of fabric left over and at Blair's work they are having an Americas Cup morning tea. Thinking of quickly whipping up a bunting tonight from the left overs. 

Tx

1 comment:

  1. Great little vest! Love the anchor print and colour.

    PS: I'm hosting an Airwick candle giveaway today and hope you will enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/09/review-and-giveaway-air-wick.html

    ReplyDelete