Wednesday, September 25, 2013

In Love with Flirt

I have completed the Flirt top. I just love it, I can't wait to get quilting this top and have it completed. It is the first time I have made a quilt purely for me. For me!!!!

So as mentioned, it is Basket Case by Cluck Cluck Sew. I love her patterns, she even has a book that I might have to get too.

My jelly roll is from Donnas, my local.


Ta dah!!!!!!! It's funny, when I went to get the border fabric I really thought my quilt  was teal but more blue but it is quite green. Well a lot green. When I was hold my little piece of fabric up to the solids I was quite surprised, even when I had it in front of me! 


I found a great solid red, but could find a solid green I liked. There was the lighter green but it made it look a bit blah. So I wandered round and round and randomly held my scrap up to this heart fabric and was so shocked when it was almost a perfect match. I liked it, had the hearts, made it match to the whole Flirt name.

 
And it is huge! 180 cm, 70 inches. Well huge for a lap/couch quilt. 



And a little bit of help from Greta. 

So very happy

Tx 

No comments:

Post a Comment