Saturday, May 14, 2011

Baby shower gift...Merino of course

The children and I are off to a baby shower this afternoon, so this morning I have been making a wee gift, well two. A couple of merino tops. I guess since I have been making and selling it would only make sense I would give them some. I used the Kwik Sew pattern 3607. It has a nice round neck top. There are so many out there, this is about number three I have. Not that I have brought them all for the top, but well you know. The only thing about this top is it is a bit short, so I added an inch to the bottom. Because really there is nothing worse than a baby tummy poking out and getting cold. I have made a New Born size and a 0-3 months. And of course if she wants more I most certainly will. The wee baby is a boy, so I wanted to do boys "colours" without being too much blue. So I teamed them with black and I like them!
So I hope they do too. Plus I am giving them the nappy cake I made a while back, I had made it with the intention of giving it to them, but I got excited waaaay back then, so it had to be made!

I also have to bring a plate, I am thinking my chocolate raspberry cake, but I only have strawberry jam, but I am sure that will work. We have a heap of chocolate from Easter left and I think this will get rid of the rest of it. I am not sure if my will power can last any longer!

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment