Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cake and Amy Butler

So I took an afternoon away from merino, and just did "nothing" and hung out with the kids. Adele and I did more baking, a chocolate cake this time. And yes she had one of the beaters and got completely covered in chocolate yummyness.
I think for the both of them that is the best part of baking. So after dinner we had cake for pudding. A nice treat after the time they spent running around out side playing in the massive pile of dirt we have for our gardens. It is now on the slide, on the tramp and all over their clothes. I think there is a pile of dirt clothes out side. Oh well they had so much fun, maybe Adele will sleep through, cross fingers!

So the only crafting I got done, which I was quite pleased about. Not getting it done, but having a nice relaxing afternoon, was some preparation for the Midnight Madness Sewing I am doing tomorrow through Donna's Quilt Studio. So starting a 5 and going till Midnight, we just take in any project and well sew! There is no restriction, we just bring projects and go for gold. I think the only advise was to have things cut out and ready to go. So I ironed on some interfacing to this purse I want to make and I think I am going to cut a few more strips of a quilt I would like to make and hello midnight sewing. So the purse is from the Amy Butler Bag book I have, which is part of the sew a long by mycraftycrap. It is a super cute pleated clutch. I really love the look of it. So I am hoping to have made two of those. Oh and here is the fabric, Amy Butler too. I got this from Sew Addictive fabrics.I must have read the instructions wrong as I have waaaay to much fabric, so that is why I am hoping to make two. It really is so beautiful I don't mind one bit. The photos never do it justice, it really is so yummy!

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment