Friday, July 1, 2011

A bit more of the quilt a long

Last night since Blair was at work I settled into the sewing room and did a whole bunch of quilting for about 4 hours. Non-stop, just straight row sewing. I managed to finish up the row I had started from my sew along. I am so pleased with this row. I really like it. So much so that I am planning in my head another quilt top made up completely of this. Of course different colours, but using triangles!!

I love the bright colours, love the blue green and the pinks. Still not 100% sure of the yellow green, but as I have said before this is such a good learning curve that I am not really too fussed with how it all looks together. It really has been about learning new techniques. And I have to say, this one has lined up pretty well too. Yay for me.



















I also managed to get some of my other quilt started. I started sewing three blocks together and was made a good dent in my pile of quite a few. Curiosity got the best of me though and I had to put together a whole 9 patch block and then cut it to make the disappearing block. I am so pleased I did because now I love it even more than I thought I would and I just want to get in done. But since I sort of neglected my husband the other night when I was making the pirate dress, I think if I sat in my sewing room to quilt he might get a little sad... But the temptation......








Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment