Friday, December 2, 2011

Scrap busting!

I am like many other crafters out there and have a silly amount of fabric. I always intend to use it all. But some time it is the patterns fault and not mine. Some time they do ask for a heck of a lot more that is required, sometimes it is fabric I just must have and sometimes it is stuff I have brought for a project and just never made it. I was looking through my fabric chest and found some I had planned to make myself a dress out of, I still like it, but that was about two years ago. Still sitting there. Maybe this summer.
Anyway, I also buy too many books. I do take inspiration from them and hence this new idea I have for a quilt is a combination from two of my books. "Scrap Republic" and "Block Party". I have always wanted to make the wonky nine patch quilt, but being this close to Christmas I can't justify buying specific fabric for it. So I pulled out my fabric bins and I think I might just have enough to make a whole, rather large, scrappy, wonky nine patch quilt! Some of the fabrics are not what I would have put together by choice, but I am trying to be a bit adventurous with it as well. So a bit of a mix of colours and styles. I am going to team them with white. I am really liking the colours and white at the moment. I am doing the blocks a little smaller than the book. She did hers 12 inch to start, I am going to go with a 10 inch to start. I may have to make a couple of extras to make it a similar size. I am quite excited about it. I feel thrifty! lol. I was explaining it all to Blair, I am not sure if he heard a word I said, but he nodded his head and make the correct listening noises. Bless
Right time to get cutting!
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment