Thursday, March 17, 2011

Merino!

I love merino, just love it. I feel good knowing when it is cold outside the kids have a layer on some where. Usually I make them three or four skivvies each, but last year I must have dressed them in giant ones because this year I don't need to make any more, which is a little sad as I love making them so much! So this has meant that I have been able to expand what I make. So Ryan is getting a hooded jersey and Adele a cool hooded dress. Just for a start, and I am pretty much getting a whole new winter wardrobe, two cardis, a skirt, leggings and a dress. See I love merino! And if they stuff I have made for the kids is of a likable standard I am sure they will get some more.

The place I go has the best, cheapest range of merino, should I share, hmmmm you might buy it all.... Fabric Traders is what I think it is called and it is down town Otara, so a little scary. The most expensive merino is $15 a metre and I think 150 wide, but most is a whole heap wider and can be as low as $5 depending on the blend. I usually go for the 100% but some times, especially with adult clothing you need a bit of "something" to help keeps its shape.

So here is my cut out ready to go, I would have made a start but seriously short of matching cottons. A little frustrating!
Merino waiting to be cut after Adele has dragged it all round the house!

A pile of patterns waiting. So from now on I should be busy getting winter clothes all sorted. Hopefully have the bulk of it sorted before the cold weather well and truly sets in.
















T x

No comments:

Post a Comment