Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Donna's sew along and a good feeling!

In a very unlike me sort of manner, I am way behind in my Donna's Quilt studio sew a long, I should have ten squares, only have 5, should have picked up some more for this month, haven't yet. But give me a few days and I am sure I will have it all sorted. I do love making quilts, but this one has been a little fiddly, loads of triangles and I guess a good challenge for me.

So that is a couple of the square, I am getting there. We are away at the beach this weekend, was going to bring my sewing machine but thought I need a bit of a break because......

I HAVE BEEN SELLING STUFF!!! I know, so very excited and so flattered. I guess I can't believe it. I mean I think my stuff is great, but getting confirmation from other people has been really awesome. So been sewing up a wee merino store, to the point where I have enough enquiring and "orders" to go get more merino. Also as you can see from my side bar I have opened a Etsy store. Have loaded a couple of things, going to do the remanding pieces other the next few days.

I have been sewing for myself, made a vest top type thing. But it really doesn't look like the picture, going to un-pick the collar and re-sew and hopefully make it a little better. I mean it is fine the way it is, but I really wanted it to be like the picture. I sometimes find that the patterns with the drawn pictures don't turn out that well, but the ones with the photos are better.

Well guess I should get back to my wine, I think I have earnt one after this busy week.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment