Thursday, July 19, 2012

A bit of new fabric

I love Etsy, I love just looking at what people make, I love seeing new fabrics, I love buying stuff from there. I just love it.

Been in NZ sometimes the latest fabric lines can take a little tiny bit longer to make it to us. We are out of season with the US and a great deal of fabric is made there. Sometimes I don't want to wait. Plus I really wanted some Charm Packs. I have used jelly rolls and layer cakes. I wanted to try something a bit different. A charm pack is a range of fabrics cut at 5 inch squares. I have been using a lot of 5 inch squares so really I could keep cutting my own, it really isn't that hard. But them come so nicely square and packaged and it is a whole heap of different fabrics, a great way to see a whole range. Plus, I am bad (according to some bloggers), I like to use a matching range. I don't do it all the time, but some times I do and it makes me happy. Sometimes I use scraps and that makes me happy too.

There are lots of fabric suppliers on Etsy, selling bits and pieces to loads! I used

http://www.etsy.com/shop/lilybellafabrics?ref=pr_faveshops

Their overseas postage seemed pretty good to New Zealand. A lot of the time that is the kicker. You can find things way cheaper, but the postage makes it expensive. Using this site it came out under $20, to buy from NZ sites it is over $20. I brought four packs for $59 including postage and to do the same from NZ, although older ranges, would have been $88 plus postage. So I was pretty happy. Very happy!!!

So I brought (top to bottom), Good Fortune, by Kate Spain. Little Apples, by Aneela Hoey. Lucy's Crab Shack, by Sweetwater and Gypsy Caravan, by Amy Butler. The Amy Butler one I believe is a re-release of her first line. Maybe, maybe not but it is lovely and 6 inch squares.

I can't wait to start cutting into these. The problem is now I can't decide what to do with them. I am a bit scare to cut them. What if I don't do them justice!!!!I can't replace them.

Right, I have so much house work to do, yuck, and then maybe I will cut into one of the packs. I am thinking of making

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/03/pinwheel-baby-quilt.html?spref=fb

This baby quilt. For my baby. She only has two so far. I was going to make a Dr Seuss for her too, maybe not now. How many quilts does one baby need? And I am sort of being selfish, I don't want to share my lovely fabrics. Isn't that terrible. I could make her two new quilts and give away the old (but brand new) quilts. I think I might be going quilt crazy lol!! No I think i am.

I am joking, I am sure I will share. Maybe

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment