Friday, July 13, 2012

The Abbey Skirt

 This has to be the easiest skirt in the world!! I called an Abbey skirt as my friend made one for her daughter, Abbey. We sort of knocked one off a skirt she had brought her daughter from Farmers.

So all you do is measure a thick elastic around the tummy, lay the elastic across the width of fabric and cut the fabric about 10 cm longer than the elastic to a length that suits your wee miss. Join the elastic to make a circle, do the same with the fabric. I over locked the top of the skirt. Mark and match quarter measurements for the skirt and the elastic. The fabric sits flat inside the elastic. Then stretch the elastic to the fabric and sew together. I sewed it together with two rows of stitching.

It takes maybe 20 mins from start to finish.

The fabric is from Spotlight I think. It has been sitting round for a while. It is a nice winter weight denim and embroidered stars. Adele calls it her twinkle twinkle skirt.
Striking a pose!

I put the last of the binding on MY quilt. I am so looking forward to going to bed tonight.

School holidays finish this weekend. I know the kids are ready to get back to their activities, I love having them at home with me. Back to being busy, rushing and not as many crafting "things" done. I certainly enjoy the more relaxed feeling of the holidays.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment