Thursday, July 12, 2012

Finally...

I finished this ages and ages ago. But because wanted to get in quilted at Donna's I knew I had to save up a whole heap of money. It is a huge quilt 2m by 2.4 m I think. There is a lot of over hang off our bed AND I wanted in backed with cuddle fabric and that is about $40 a metre and again I was going to need a whole heap of it! So part of why I set up Silly Goose is so I could pay for my quilting and fancy fabrics without having to use the household budget. We live on a newish lifestyle block, there is heaps of work that need doing, toughs, trees and fencing to name a few. So there isn't a lot of money for me to spending on my hobby. Being fair it is my hobby and if it is a choice between farm stuff and hobby stuff, farm stuff wins. Sooooooo Silly Goose was born and a few more quilts have been produced, I am happy, Blair is happy, a win win really.

 As it is a quilt for our bed all I asked was for the quilting not to be floral or too girlie. The fabrics are pretty, well, pretty so I tried to tamed it down a bit. On the back I put a dark navy cuddle. Again trying to be a bit more boy like.
I have started the binding, I used the same white as the squares. I really wanted to see what it looked like on our bed. I need some new linen now. Gosh those pillows are yuck! We have black curtains so the colours look really vibrant and I really love it. The cuddle fabric makes it so so heavy. I asked for it to be a nice winter weight and it certainly is! Today I hope to finish off the binding so we can use it tonight.

Now to make one for our bed over at the beach.... Going to have to sell a whole bunch of leggings xx

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment