Thursday, July 5, 2012

A bit of Dr Seuss


A friend is about to have a baby in the next few weeks. So really any day now. So I thought I better get myself sorted and get a present made for her and the new addition to be. Her and her husband didn't find out what they are having and usually I would wait and make something once the baby is born. But since I am two months away myself I thought I would make it now and not have to rush.

I have seen this Dr Seuss fabric all over the net and I thought how lovely it is and very much unisex. I love it so much that I am rather pleased I have enough to make another quilt top the same.

I think it is call a stacked Coins pattern or something. So what I did was 6 fat quarters of different fabrics, cut them into 3 inch strips. With the strips cut them into 6 inch blocks. So each little block was 3 x 6 inches.  Then I stacked the "coins" on top of each other so I had four piles of twelve. The white is three inches wide and the boarder is the same. It ends up about 32 by 36 inches I think. I bit bigger than a bassinet size but a bit smaller than a cot. So a perfect pram or day type blanket.


I love the bright colours. Like I said above I have enough to make another quilt like this. I have another unisex baby to sort a gift for. I thought I could make one for that baby too, but now I have seen it finished I rather quite fancy one for my baby.  I don't know what to do.

There is some really nice stripe of these colours. The shop assistant tried talking me into getting some, at the time I wasn't that fussed. Now I think it would make perfect binding so I might go get some tomorrow. Not sure what to use as the backing. Maybe some nice blue fabric, something plain I think.

See, getting loads of projects sorted.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment