Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sad Day

I knew I had to do it, there was starting to be a silly amount of quilts slowly building up. I have listing one on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/105228728/cot-quilt-wonky-9-patch-brights-and-pink?ref=pr_shop

It is hard as I don't really want to part with it, the fabrics are all things I have made for Adele. At the same time I love creating and want to create more quilts. I may have even cut out another one today. AND if I sell this quilt I can buy more fabrics. Plus I guess I did make the smaller quilt out of the same fabrics so I still have a quilt of memory fabrics. Plus it would be great if someone else got a little happiness out of one of my quilts. So really a happy day.

Moving on, Adele has been using her new quilt. I really love it, but I can not for the life of me get it to photograph all that well. So please do take my word that it does look very nice.


There is a lot of light colours so hopefully it doesn't get too dirty. She is three so I am guessing it will.

So as I mentioned I did a bit of cutting today. A whole bunch of 3 inch squares from my Amy Butler fabric. Did you know if you google graph paper you can print out an A4 of well a grid. I was very excited about this. I have printed off a few and been trying out some ideas I have seen on the net. I have my plan, to scale now, and have started cutting. The little geek in me was super duper excited about this. My son was doing his home work and I got his pens and was drawing away too. It is only going to be a 34 inch quilt. I still need to work out what to contrast the Butler fabric with, but I am pretty excited about it all.

I might just go start sewing some bits together. There is a bit I can do without the contrasting fabric. My husband is at work, so makes perfect sense to me!

Off to the midwife tomorrow. Get the results from a scan. This baby is on track to be bigger than the other two (who were pretty huge) so we might just be meeting her a little bit sooner than her due date. I am really hoping to get a bit more information at tomorrows appointment. I am worried but not worried if that makes sense. I know she will be healthy, just worried the logistics of her coming out. Ryan needed a lot of help, all I can say is his poor head, lucky it didn't get pulled right off! But no point in worrying about it now, I have a quilt to make!!!!!

Tx

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only one who suffered when I had to part with my crafts. Certain ones anyway. I make things daily and they do accumulate. It is becoming easier to GIVE here lately though. I tell myself it is pure selfishness to feel the way I do,at times, about parting with my things, but I tend to give things away on the spur of the moment and it's over. Giving,does make me feel good, for the most part,but I still get those twinges of pain, at times over parting with each piece that I have poured my heart and soul into. I worry that they will not appreciate it and treat it badly when they get it home, but that is so foolish to worry about that side of it. I am learning to Give with a Gracious Heart and let all the other emotions go.

    ReplyDelete