Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Bunting Skirt


Adele has her first kindy disco tomorrow night. For some reason I thought it was next week. At coffee group today one of the mums asked if Adele was looking forward to the disco. I had promised Adele a new outfit as when Ryan had his first disco we made a big deal. Of course less than 24 hours to come up with an outfit required a lot of quick thinking. So I made a skirt, I was going to do a top to go with it but now, as it is nearly 8pm, she will have to wear one of her current tops.

I had some really dark denim and a little bit of the blue fabric left over from Greta's play suit. I made a basic elastic skirt and then attached a bunting to the bottom. The fabric has glitter all over it and Adele likes buntings so I am pretty sure she will like it. Though you never can tell. She is getting to that age where she is starting to get her very own strong likes and dislikes.I am pleased with it. It didn't take too long to make. I was going to sew down the triangles but I have decided to leave them. They flutter around a bit when you move the skirt. Like I say, I like it!

I have put it in her room on the mannequin, a bit of a surprise in the morning for her. I hope it fits!

Tx

1 comment: