Saturday, September 8, 2012

Finally Finished



Before I had Greta, you may remember I was making quilt tops. A whole bunch of them and rather quickly. This of course meant I have a whole bunch of unfinished quilts. Over the last couple of days I finished one of the quilts! Now I have a finished quilt, two quilt tops and a half made top to go. I want to finish them so I can make a start on the "Lucy's Crap Shack" fabric I have.

I am rather pleased to say that I made this whole quilt from my stash. All I had to buy (ok so not completely I guess) was some batting. But this was a good thing as it meant I had used all my other bits and pieces and had no scraps left. Well done me he he he

For the backing I usually use flannel, but we are starting to come into summer and I had two large pieces, the green and the orange, but not enough of either piece to do a whole back. Since the quilt is rather colourful I thought it would go rather well with the front. Then the binding, I had some other fabric picked out, but then I found the coloured dots. I wasn't sure if I would have enough, there is a few joins on the sides, but I think the joins are worth it as I think it works a real treat!

The batting was different from what I usually use. I went for a puffy batting and I like the way it feels. Like a spongy cloud. I quilted it very basically and the puffy batting makes the coloured parts really stick up and I like it!

So now I want to keep this one too! My friends that have found out their baby's gender are having boys so far. Whilst this was meant to be neutral I think it is rather girlie. If I manage to put it away then I know I will gift it, that's what I was made for.

All is going well with Greta, sleeping, feeding, pooing. Doing all the things a baby should be doing. And really that is all you could ask for :)

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment