Saturday, September 15, 2012

Batman Cake

As you all know, Ryan couldn't make his mind up over a Batman Party or a Star Wars Party. I did the Storm Trooper cupcakes for the family dinner (that he said looked like pirates, but you tried hard mum) and a Batman Cake for his party.

I used fondant icing for the first time. I am pleased with how it turned out. I asked a few friends what to do and used good old YouTube. It amazes me every time I search for something on YouTube. There really is such a source of information on there.

The biggest mistake I made was rolling it too thin. It ripped when I put it on the cake and then I couldn't get it off. So the cake had two layers of icing. Made the top super flat! Making the Batman emblem was a bit tricky too. I had a different design in  mind but it would stick to the bench top so in the end I used a solid Bat. Ryan was happy, I think.


It was a rather full on day with a quite a few kids all charging around. It was meant to rain and thank goodness it didn't! So I was able to encourage them outside and I think the rain came for about the last 5 mins. Such a relief.

Adele is off to a party today so it will just be Ryan, Greta and I at home. Blair is going to take her. Hopefully be nice and relaxing.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment