Monday, September 24, 2012

Blackberry and Lemon Loaf


I found this recipe in an old Dish magazine. I love Dish, a good New Zealand foodie magazine. Doesn't do much on the baking side but has loads of dinner type recipes. I found this loaf recipe and I knew I had to try it. I got the kids into bed, Blair was doing a bit of working from home so I thought perfect time. Plus Blair had been to the supermarket and got me the ingredients I needed.


I haven't been eating a lot of baking and certainly nothing after dinner. So I felt a bit like a rebel having coffee and loaf late at night. It was so yummy. It was nice having something lemon without coconut. It will be going on the bake again list.


Blair also took the kids to the movies yesterday. When Greta was sleeping I dug out an older project and worked on that. I really don't like having piles of half done projects. So I backed this one and quilted it. Only the binding to go. I only didn't bind it as I have been scrap busting and have no bigger pieces left. I used flannel of the back. Years (and years and years) ago I brought a whole bunch of fat quarters, was planning on making one of those raw edge flannel quilts. But I never really got the urge. Over time the quarters have been used for other projects and the rest were tucked away. Well I "found" them the other day. I was thinking about what to do with them, I remembered this quilt and used them for that instead.


The larger green piece is left over from a quilt I had quilted at Donna's. It was just hanging about too taking up space.

I am so pleased to be making a dent in my scrapes. These truly are scrapes too. I don't have a beautiful stash of fabrics and fat quarters, I have bins of scrapes, left over from other projects. Now that I have used pretty much all the flannel fat quarters I have no quarters lying around. It's rather sad. How can I be a quilter with no stash!


I used more of the puffy batting. I am rather chuffed with how this looks. I am getting the hang of this quilting. Sure it is just basic quilting, straight lines and all. But it really cuts down the cost of a quilt if you can do it all yourself.


I have a whole bunch of these Star Wars flags left over. Especially now Ryan has gone off Star Wars...Again! I just stitched one on basic stretch 'n' grow for Greta. Now the kids are lining up for their own ones! Even Ryan. Of course I will make them one, I have about 20 flags left over. Also thinking about a bunting quilt, just have to think about how I want the flags to sit. I have pinned a few on Pinterst so just have to come up with my plan.

Sun is finally shining, kids have already been outside playing. Hockey is flavour of the day.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment