Friday, July 8, 2011

Making some progress

The weather has been so cold and awful we all have been playing inside. So it usually means the kids entertain themselves and I can get some sewing done. Refereeing from time to time and guiding into activities. This means I have been making a bit of head way into some of my projects.
This isn't all sewn together, there is only one block, a whole bunch of rows and even more single squares. I just needed to make sure I didn't get to the end final block and have 9 of the same colour left. Our spare room is my "quilt laying out room". I need a big space where I can leave it as it is. Middle of the lounge is usually not a good place. Sure would be more convenient though! So picture this with massive white block between all the coloured blocks. Yep I think it is going to be awesome!!
My other little project is this one:
I am still trying to think what to do around the outside, I have two spare blocks and was thinking of linking them up with white, make the colours really stand out, plus I quite like white at the moment. But I have some pale blue, which is in the quilt colours. And that would mean I don't have to buy more fabric and use some up from my stash. But the blue sort of, well, sucks. So then I was thinking a small blue boarder and a bigger white one... Which all comes back to I don't know. I do have a middle block so that is sorted, but the out side. Just a little stuck. Lucky I have so much to do on the other one that this can be put aside for a while.
Right back to it
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment