Monday, July 4, 2011

Pirate Waist Coat

Ryan is sick today, he has that awful cough that is going around. So we decided to keep him home today, which in turn meant Adele had to stay home too. And you know I have loved every minute, well not the coughing, but not having to rush every where, have some time to clean the house, play out side, watch t.v and make Ryan's waist coat. Usually on a Tuesday we don't get home until 130 and we usually are out the door 745. Plus I work Tuesday nights. So it is so busy and crazy. Today has been so relaxed and just great.

So like I said I had the time to make Ryan's waist coat for his disco. He is going to look so handsome! I used Burda pattern 9990. It was o.k. I find their construction hard to understand. It seems so long winded. The first time I make something I do it how they say and then the next time I make a few changes. I didn't like how they joined the top of the shoulders. I am pretty sure it could be easier. As it was I did it different and a bit messy. Next time I know what I will do better.
He is wearing it over a blue tee-shirt, but on the night I think it will be a white shirt, only two sleeps to go!!! We are having a "pre-ball" at one of his little friends places. If you are from NZ you will know that pre-balls have had a bit of bad media coverage but I swear we wont be plying the children with wine and beer. Maybe some lollies and frizzy drink. (Pre-ball is a party before heading off to your school ball or prom) So just a tie to make, I have seem some good tutorials on-line so hopefully will get that sorted tonight.

Right coffee time I think

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment