Friday, December 16, 2011

Another Party, new machine and Christmas Sewing

On the second to last day of school, Ryan received another party invitation. Just when I thought all the parties were over and done with. I asked Ryan what sort of things she like and straight away came back with fairies. So I made a peak-a-boo storage bag out of fantastic fairy fabric. The fabric looked pretty much the same as the party invite, so that was a pretty good fluke.

http://tonicoward.blogspot.com/2010/06/peek-boo-toy-sack-tutorial.html
I then made a bunting. Just a small one. The "string" is only a width of fabric. I got the bunting size template from www.activityvillage.co.uk.
And I fussy cut the fairies so they didn't end up headless of anything nightmare inducing!
Also on Friday I was allowed to go and pick up my Christmas present, my new sewing machine!!!!!!!! Gosh I love it so much. Is it o.k to love something so much without sound materialistic. But I really love it. So o.f course I had to try it out, and since I was in a bit of a bunting mood...
I spent the night making this. It is three metres long, used my template, needed twenty flags I think. It is very cute, hangs under the TV but above the fire place. When the kids woke up this morning and saw it they were rather excited. Well maybe not as much as me, but still, it is Christmas!
I am feeling right in the Christmas mood now. I want to make a couple of more things and then the kids Christmas outfits and then I can just play! I am just so excited about my new machine, have I said it enough!!!! But I really am!!!!!!
We have our coffee group Christmas BBQ tomorrow lunch time. This is our 6th Christmas BBQ now. So tomorrow there will be four of the original seven families. I think that is a pretty good group after that length of time.
Right must go sew!!!!!
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment