Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Nutella Biscuits

I can across this amazing recipe the other night. It meant a special trip to the supermarket as we cant keep nutella in the pantry because I cant stop myself from pretty much eating it all in one go. When I walked in with it even Blair commented on how dangerous it was and did he need to buy more bread. Yes, ha ha smarty pants! Once they are out of the oven they need to cool, so the nutella doesn't run off, but Blair and a few of our family couldn't wait and ate a whole bunch so I don't have too many left to make into the layered biscuits. They are a bit messy to eat, but hey, nothing wrong with licking nutella off your fingers!
Nutella Biscuits:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essences
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
nutella
Cream butter and sugar and essence. Add egg, mix, add the rest of the ingredients. Make dough into a ball, wrap in gladwrap and put in the fridge for about 30 mins. Make small, even biscuits, place on tray. I made mine a lot small than I would make a normal biscuit. I thought since I was putting two together I didn't need such a big biscuit to start with.
Bake for about 10 - 15 in an oven on about 170 degrees.
Try and resist!
My sister-in-law is getting married in about a month and she wants buntings as part of the decorating. I made the first of 6 10 metre lengths she needs. It took me quite a bit longer than I thought. I was taking it nice and slow but still, wow! But I am rather happy with the outcome. One or two have a corners that didn't get as trapped between the tape as they should, but over all I am pleased. The best thing about this bunting was I used scraps from my bin. As I used each piece I though of where it came from, what I made, how it looked. So that was nice. And after the wedding I am getting this one back, I am going to hang it around Adele's room. I think that will be quite nice.
Well weather is turning today, forecast is for rain. It is rather windy at the moment with big dark clouds around. I am not too worried, a day out of the sun is probably a good thing. And!!!!! I ended up buying good old white for my quilt and I have put two whole rows together! I am finding it rather tricky making the 15 inch white squares as my cutting board is only 12 inch by 18 inch. So not a lot of room. Just taking it nice and slow. My plan is two rows a night. AND I brought the contrasting fabric for another quilt I am planning.
Nutella and quilt, what more could I wish for!
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment