Thursday, December 15, 2011

Finished and bound

So again, up early, I made a good start on binding Adele's quilt. I thought I would have a go at machine binding.
Crazymomquilts is a great source of information on all things quilt like. As well as her, there is the http://tutorials.missouriquiltco.com/, and the tutorials are all little you-tube clips. The presenter lady is a good southern belle. I could listen to her accent all night. O.k. well I sort of did. Anyway, great tutorials.
So you can kind of see what I was up to last night, watching and reading all about quilting, as well as watching x-factor!
Right back to Adele's quilt, I found this red and white fabric tucked away in my fabric bin. I think it looks great, but I don't quite have enough so I had the quilt on the kitchen floor, I would look at it, pull other fabrics, put them away, look at it again. I came to the conclusion I have to wait til Spotlight opens and get some more of the fabric. Now the machine binding, it is way faster and I think it really will be a personal preference to as you like it or not. I like both ways and I think I will chop and change between the two. The key is to go very slow and steady.
Taking the kids to see Santa today, well if they behave, been right terrors this morning.
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment