Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I think I can go back to bed

I have been up since about 6. This is pretty normal and does suit us quite well. With Christmas looming it is amazing how much I can get done now with no school run. Also having Ryan home from school means Adele has a play buddy.
So this morning I have made the above wrap, an order that came through late last night. I am loving the stripes! She is taking it over to Aust and they leave Sunday so it really was do it now or not at all. Whew!
I iced the cupcakes for Adele's kindy teachers. I did make them last night so I am not that amazing. We made our Christmas cards out of a picture from Ryan's numerous Santa pictures. They had him up until the third term so I hope they like that little touch. I was meant to make chocolate ones, but I have run out of cocoa and only noticed this once I had started, so a bit of a mess up. They taste good, and that is all that really counts.
AND I made my friends dress for her daughter. I had it all cut out and ready to go. This one is much better than Adele's. Just finished a bit nicer. Second time round always goes so much smoother.
I now have a bit of a sore shoulder, the plans for the afternoon though involve binding Adele's quilt which I have picked up. It might be the last one I get quilted in a while. It cost a lot. It does look amazing! But really I can keep spending money on quilting like this. I need to learn how to do a basic quilt. I have tried in the past but I found wrangling the quilt and the machine so frustrating and I could never get the back nice. But I have since noticed a lot of blogger who I think are amazing "just" so straight lines and have a few wrinkles and I still think they are amazing. Also I am making more and more quilts and rather quickly. It is starting to get out of control!
So, Blair you have it in writing, this is the last one! Well except the one I am doing for our bed. But any gift quilts, random ones made for fun or anything else, I will work out how to do it myself!
Tx

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I have noticed spelling and grammer mistakes, too rushed to fix right now.

    ReplyDelete