Wednesday, September 14, 2011

All Black fever!

With having a child at kindy, I imagine any schooling will be the same, you really get kept up to date with "things" happening around the place. So of course at the moment it is World Cup time in NZ with the rugby. We as a family love the rugby any way so having Ryan getting all excited through kindy has been quite, well, brilliant for us! We have had a couple of Black Out days. All the excitement has been making sure Ryan has his All Blacks outfits sorted for kindy. I thought Adele might be feeling a little left out and came across an old All Blacks teeshirt of Ryans for her. She would not wear it as it was a boys tee shirt. It is, but really it makes no difference, gosh they can be picky!!!
So to make sure she didn't feel left out I made her a silver ferns skirt. All I did was cut a whole bunch of strips at 4.5 inches (or maybe 4). Then using my gathering foot on my overlocker started layering the skirt up. It has three layers with a 2 inch ruffle on the bottom. With a good old elastic waist. Super, super simple. I am sure it took about 30 mins and only used half a metre of fabric.
Go the All Blacks!!
T

1 comment: