Sunday, September 18, 2011

A new top




There is a real possibility that Adele will be starting kindy in the next term. One of her buddies is starting this week and he is six weeks older. In six weeks time it is the new term. I had that, oh gosh she doesn't have any kindy clothes feeling come over me. So I made this top this morning before Blair went to work and stopped into spotlight to pick up some new fabric to make a dress. I will be needing to pick up some tee shirts too at some stage and some shorts. But for now the top. It is a pattern out of the book I used yesterday. Again really simple to construct. Even with the hand sewn binding on the arm and neck. I can never get my binding to look as nice as the books or patterns, so I was surprised that it has settled down so nicely. I did have to iron it pretty well. Next time it goes on it might not look as nice. The back has buttons, but under the buttons are hook and eyes. I was going to just put button holes but again I just can't get them to look as good as I want. The hook and eyes look good to me. Being on the back, no matter what I put she is going to need help with it. It kind of has a peasant look to it and I think that suits her. Plus Adele told me her favourite colour is green at the moment so win win. Now the fabric is left overs I had from dress I made for myself. I put the straps on my dress funny and I have to pull it a part to fix it, so the chances of us being together in the same fabric is pretty low.
I have being having a bit of a lull in Silly Goose sewing, so I am trying to get as much stuff done as I can. Hopefully over the next few weeks I will get loads done for the kids. Ryan will be wearing a uniform so he wont need so much, but I did pick him some fabric today too. So tonight my aim is to finish my current orders, three pairs of pants. Then tomorrow night do Adele's new dress and Ryan's new shorts. Not over ambitious at all!
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment