Monday, September 12, 2011

Wow a 5 year old!!

Over the weekend we had the big 5th party. Ryan was in about a 100 minds about what cake he wanted, his theme and what games he wanted to play. So in the end we had a whole bunch of un-matching things and you know, it didn't really matter at all. It was his party and he and his friends had a blast. So we had a castle cake covered with shrek characters. I made a chocolate bottom layer and the second and the small cakes were a banana cake. The lava was red food colouring and coconut. He just loved his cake! I thought it was ok. They never ever look as good as the photos and I have to stop myself from being so disappointed because the kids love them and at the end of the day that is who the cake is for.
We hired a bouncy castle and lucky for as, since it bucketed with rain, we could set it up in our shed. The kids went NUTS!!!!! Totally recommend a castle. For the whole 2/2.5 hours they were on the castle. A 15 minute break for food and drink and just full on playing. All ages had the same amount of fun. We had three two year olds, a whole bunch of 4/5 and one 9 year old and they were all playing so well and all together.
And the goodie bags. I wasn't going to do any, I have this thing about them. I find it very strange. But I went to the craft show and they were practically giving away a whole bunch of pencils, crayons, paints, all that sort of art stuff and all Disney type stuff. So I brought a whole bunch, each bag cost about $1.50. Of course since this a was a late plan on the morning I didn't have any bags. So I looked through my stash and found enough scraps to make 10 bags. Just a plain, single layer pocket, didn't even have a handle. Rather pleased, especially when one of the mums was telling my how much play her wee girl has had with the pocket. It is her new treasures bag. awwwww bless.
So now I have a 5 year old. We still have him at kindy for a few more weeks as his school only takes kids in at the beginnings of each term. Crazy to think this time 5 years ago I still hadn't had him and life as I knew it was all about to change. Wow!!!!!!
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment