Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Matchy match



Tragic as it may be, Adele and I have matching skirts. I really wanted a skirt to show my support for the rugby and I really liked the fabric I got for Adele's skirt. I did hum and harr about it a little, o.k. maybe 2 minutes. There is a BIG game this weekend and I wanted to pretty much dress the whole family in black. I even asked Blair if he wanted some shorts. He said no. Not sure why.
Maybe because I said I could do it the same as Adele and I. How cool would that be!!!!
So I made it by sort of making it up as I went. I cut a whole heap of lengths 8 inches wide. Then I measured the first layer about where I wanted it and how loose I wanted it. Then I used the good old trusty gathering foot on my overlocker and put three layers. Then I cut a length about 5 inches, gathered that on. Then sewed up the back. I put a yoga band on the top to keep it up, using merino of course. I didn't even hem it, I just overlocked the bottom. Very comfortable!
So the funny thing is, Adele and I also have matching striped leggings, and of course plain black tee shirts. Look forward to a photo on Saterday, I may go over board!!!!!
Tx

2 comments:

  1. I like the matching outfits. I have no children of my own, but years ago, I made matching outfits for my baby sister,my baby niece, and myself. That was like 40 years ago.I wish I could find that picture to show you. Maybe some day I'll find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been just too cute! I have made matching outfits for my son and daughter too. Have to make the most of it while they are young and not too cool.

    ReplyDelete