Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bubble skirt for a birthday girl

Both my children are friends with a wee girl from Ryan's kindy. I have made her stuff and posted about them in the past. Today was her birthday party. Another one of Ryan's friends trying 5. Oh my god, seriously, where has the time gone!!!! I asked her mum a while back if there was anything she wanted, quickly the reply came a bubble skirt. I was going to take Ryan out to pick fabric and make it an adventure, but I just plain ran out of time. Again, seriously, where do all the hours in the day go! This morning I woke up with no fabric, no time to get some but a big chest filled with fabrics, so I knew I would find something perfect. Ages ago I brought a denim which had embroidered stars all over it and some matching flannel. I had intended to make Adele a cool pinafore out of it. As winter is drawing to an end and the need to make a skirt were a bit more pressing today, the two fabrics teamed together as lovely as I thought and became the best ever bubble skirt!
The pattern is one I have used before from Emma Hardy, "Making Children's Clothes". It is the quickest and easiest bubble skirt to make, so simple. And now I have it here beside me I am all excited about making Adele some of the other cute clothes. I do have a sort of free afternoon. I am not sure how clear the photo is, and Adele does not look the happiest, but she was, honest! Because the skirt has quite a heavy fabric top layer and a light lining it bubbles really well. I really like it and so pleased.
O.k, so I have some rugby to go and watch,
Tx
Disclaimer... I, of course, had this skirt made and ready for the party weeks ago Lucy, not at all started this morning at 8 am xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment