Thursday, September 8, 2011

Going to the zoo


We had a Playcentre trip to the zoo. Usually my friend takes Adele with her on a Thursday, but when a trip to the zoo is planned of course I came as well. The weather was not the best, rain half the way round, but we still had a lovely time. It was the first time I had seen so much activity from the animals. The colder weather seemed to make them a bit more active so there was a big positive to going in the wet weather.
When we first started off Adele and one of her little buddies ran ahead and turned the corner and all I heard was crying and screaming... Adele had ran straight into a giraffe (it was behind its fence) and she was so scared! Bless her. This meant though I pretty had to carry her the whole way round.
Side note, I am sitting here watching her sneak some food from the pantry, I said no to a snack because it is dinner in about an hour. She has pulled the cat scratching pole over, is balancing on one foot whilst putting salt on a plate of weetbix. Oh, hang on, the fridge is being opened, I know I should say something but it is so interesting watching her. She can't reach the milk and is getting frustrated. So I have just helped her, when a littlie puts that much effort in you really have to help them, she had also set out a plate and weetbix for Ryan.
Back to the zoo. For the first time we saw the tiger, just stunning!!!! Then we had a little play and then when home with a tired wee girl.
So this week is Ryan's big party.... gulp!!!!!! All coming together now. Should be a blast!!
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment