Friday, September 16, 2011

Biscuits and cheese



We were meant to be heading off to the scallop festival in Whitianga, but it didn't end up happening and as we had already arranged for the kids to go to the grandparents we headed over and spent the day with Blair and his family. It really has been a nice relaxing time with 6 sets of eyes looking after the kids.



We all popped into town and I got to have a few moments looking round a book store, uninterrupted. BLISS. Of course I found a great new book and thinking about the money I saved not having a feast of scallops I brought it. "A good Spread, recipes from the kitchens of rural women of New Zealand". It is a collaboration by the women's division of the Federated Farmers. Loads of great NZ favourites and really simple but tasty. Now I know it is tasty as this afternoon I baked Peanut biscuits. Very very tasty, and to make them a bit yummier, I melted dark chocolate and dunked the tops in. Chocolate always makes them better.

125 grams butter

75 grams white sugar

75 grams brown sugar

1 large egg

2 tablespoons peanut butter, I used crunchy

1 cup of plain flour, I added a little extra as my mix was quite runny

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda



Cream butter and sugar, add egg and mix. add peanut butter and mix. add dry ingredients. Spoon into balls and put on tray, cook 180 degrees for 10 mins. Once cool dip in melted chocolate.


And the cheese. We have Blairs parents some a few weeks ago, so perfect for eating, and you know I think it has all gone :)


Tx

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds like a great book.Me and the lil miss (3 yr old and both of us peanut butter fans) will be giving the biccies a whirl this arvo - perfect for a rainy Wellington Sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so yummy! I think ours will all be gone by the evening! Good luck

    ReplyDelete