Monday, September 19, 2011

Crumble and fabric

So here is my new book I made the biscuits from. I have used it again, though in my haste to eat it I never took a picture of the finished masterpiece. I made good old fashion rhubarb crumble. Rhubarb, for me, is one of those old fashioned staples. We don't have it much but when we do I always think I should make that more often. This crumble doesn't have a lot of crumble and is more like a cakey crumble. Sometimes you want pudding but really not all the calories. Well I think this is a good compromise as it really is more fruit than cake.
Baked Rhubarb Crisp
500 gram rhubarb cut into 2.5 cm bits
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of water
thin slice of lemon rind (I took this out before serving)
2 tablespoons of butter
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of spice (I used Cinnamon as I couldn't find any spice in my cupboard)
4 tablespoons of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
Put rhubarb in a baking dish, pour in sugar, water and lemon rind. In another bowl mix butter into flour, add remaining ingredients until it forms into a crumble. Sprinkle over rhubarb. When I made this there wasn't a complete covering of the fruit. Bake in oven for about 3/4 hour. We had it with custard. YUM!!!!
This is the new fabrics I brought. From good old spotlight. The french one if for Adele and the other for Ryan. The french one also has Italy and UK. I could make her one in every country!!!! I am planning the Sprout dress by Make it Perfect and Ryan a standard pair of shorts. With pockets. I made him some without pockets and well I was told shorts must have pockets. Now I know!! So I have all my orders up to date for today, so tonight it is dress making time! Pretty excited.
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment