Thursday, February 3, 2011

Brithday been and gone

The beginning of February is a busy time for us, my birthday is on the 1st and Adele's is on the 2nd. So most of my birthday is spent getting things ready for hers. Not to worry though as I love baking and creating so it is kind of the best of both worlds.

She had a wee party, which was just the kids from our coffee group, plenty for me! And we had a wee morning tea, I was planning on doing a little more but I could find the right things I was after so in the end ran out of time and just had a morning tea. So of course there was cake...
She seemed happy with it. I borrowed the mold off a friend and inside it makes a hollow which I filled with M&M's so when it was cut they all poured out, some very happy squeals.

So then after all the kids were in bed on Wednesday night I had to do some post party calm down sewing... So using my super cool Amy Butler book (she should be paying me for all the advertising he he) I made the "Teardrop" bag. I had to use cool fabric of course and had enough left over from my Birdie Sling bag to make this one. So I am selling it on trademe, whilst I could have two bags the same, I just want an excuse to make another one in different fabric. I am always torn about selling things. They take so much time, and I like to use lovely fabrics and I just don't think people who don't sew fully understand or appreciate how much time and effort (maybe a little love without being sappy) goes into each project. I have sold a few merino skivvies and one of the comments was "much better than I thought" so without trying to read to much in to it, what do people expect of home made stuff?? So anyway I have it on trademe for $30 so hopefully that will help fund the beginning of another project, or else it will be a lovely present to someone.

I made tomato sauce yesterday...but I think I will post tomorrow about that as there is a strange quiet over the house at the moment and that usually means on of the kids is up to a little mischief

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment