Monday, February 28, 2011

This is helping??

I was trying to lay out my new quilt top to see what else it need, how big it was, you know what I mean, and my little girl wanted to help me, didn't she do well! I love that she is into being like mummy, I often find her in our spare room laying out more pieces to the postage stamp quilt and looking so pleased with her efforts. I find it some what satisfying that she likes to do what I do, I am sure that stage will pass! So anyway this is beautiful Michael Miller fabric, zoology I think it is called. I have seen it used a lot of the web. Mine is pretty plain, but I think teamed with good old black cotton, the colours seem to "pop" so much more. I am quite liking it. This is going to be the first quilt I add to my shop, so hopefully it looks ok when done. I am doing long skinny rectangles and either quilting it with batting and flannel, or stitching it straight on to fleece, to make it a bit more snugly, can't decide.

Other projects, made Ryan a pair of pirate shorts and am a little gutted I didn't take a photo, but I am sure I will get a chance tomorrow when it is time for their first wear. And I am busy making hats, hats and more hats. Oh and I made my soft toy for the quake. It was a "Me and my sister" design and really simple. The kids love it and keep asking where their one is. He is nice and bright and has a red flannel bottom. I filled him with rice, I quite like the feel of him like that. So he will be sent off to a new home tomorrow. Hopefully he will get a whole bunch of cuddles, since well that is what he is used to already.

No comments:

Post a Comment