Monday, February 14, 2011

My work in progress

Anyone who knows me know I jump into any project with gusto and get it finished ASAP... This quilt top is so so so slow going, but I am still very excited about it and even make up a block before I had finished cutting, I need to know that the colours and everything was going to be OK. There is a whole heap of cutting. I was cutting for a good couple of hours last night, and been doing a whole heap more tonight. I think I should get it done tonight, well I hope as I want to lay it all out tomorrow. I was so focused on cutting that I almost burnt my cake. Something I never do, it was a very close call.

















So here is me busy sewing up a storm, notice the piles of fabric on the table... what to do next??

So it looks like a lot of lime, but trust me under the layers is a whole heap of the other colours! I think it looks really summery and maybe suit a new baby, not sure what to do with it once it is finished. I am sure I can find it a home.



My new book...CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! Already found a pattern AND even better I have enough fabric already! Well for the fancy patterned bit, so only need to buy a small amount. Very pleased with myself.
I have a whole heap of ideas in my wee head at the moment. I would love to be able to make a tiny little bit of money from my hobby, not a world conquering amount, but enough to make it cover its own expense. I am sure other crafters (if I can call my self one) get what I mean. I love making things, but how many quilts, dresses, shorts do my own children need. Trust me their dressers are already exploding! I guess I lack confidence maybe, or I think it might be I see all these super amazing people doing super amazing stuff and I am not sure if I am kidding myself a bit.... hmmmmm will keep thinking about it all
T x








No comments:

Post a Comment