Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ice Cream and quilts...is there a better combo??

The other night we had some friends round for dinner, the wife is pregnant so I thought a perfect change to make my yummy but oh so fattening triple chocolate semifreddo. I love this so much but it really is super duper fattening so it really is a wee treat. All was going well, in my cooking zone, until I tried to slowly cook eggs and whip cream at the same time.... forgetting both need a close eye on them, end result, over whipped cream but thankfully o.k egg mixture. But having been all inspired by Wendyl Nissen's "A Home Companion", I made butter out of the cream, all you do is keep whipping and add some salt. So so easy. So yeah I felt pretty awesome!

Right the ice cream
250 grams dark chocolate (the darker the better)
3 eggs
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup of caster sugar
1 and 3/4 cups of cream
1/2 cup of white chocolate (i use more)
1/2 cup of milk chocolate (i use more again)

Melt dark chocolate and set aside. Eggs, yolks and sugar in a bowl and slowly heat in a bowl over a simmering pot of water, whisking as you go until thick, mix into bowl of chocolate. Place aside.
Whip up cream until soft peaks form (not butter), fold in egg and chocolate mix and add remaining chocolate, place in a metal container and freeze for about 4 to 6 hours, yum!

Thanks to Donna Hay from the "Chocolate" book.

I have a picture, but it looks like a big frozen container of brown, so not inspiring, just make it and it is fantastic.

Ah yes, today is Adeles birthday so on her bed is her finished (bar one side) quilt. It is made from Heather Ross Far Far Away (series one) and backed using Black Riley flannel dolka dots. I had it quilted at Donna's Quilt studio in Hamilton. I am in love with the way it turned out. Donna has an amazing way of making the quilt look so much better. She is one talented lady



So I am hoping tonight Miss 2 year old stays in her bed, please!!








And I made her just a wee purse out of some stuff I had lying around, I made is mistake, sewed things around the wrong way, but she is happy with it, surely that is most important!
It is one of those gathered clutches, but with mistakes so dont judge it too hard!





Anyway, will show some picture of what I have been working on next time, eck it is another quilt, and even worse it was going to be for a friend for her wedding present, but I have fallen in love with it, so I think I will keep it now

T x

No comments:

Post a Comment