Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sew along with my-crafty-crap


For a bit of a break from sewing line after line, I came across this sew a long and just KNEW I had to join. The fantastic book that I got, Amy Butlers Style Stitches, well a lady who does the www.my-crafty-crap.blogspot.com has started a sew a long, every month we do one of the bags in this book, starting at the front and working our way through. Brilliant I though and it really is. So I made this months bag, which was a basic reversible shopper. A really big size and would fit a whole heap of shopping in. The only downside is that with the whole "trying no to buy" thing going on, I made it with what I had, so the fabrics don't co-ordinate as much as I would like....But it is a grocery bag and it will work sweet. So this is it... the fabric was some I had left over from a quilt backing, it is really lovely and had planned on making Adele another dress, but really how many dresses does one little girl need? I can't wait to go and do some shopping now...maybe some

fabric??

My dear friend looked after my little girl a couple of mornings back whilst my son was at kindy. We are planning on doing it as a weekly swap, I have her little boy for a few hours and then a couple of days later she has mine. Means we both get a couple of hours "off" a week. And really that's all I feel I need. So this week Blair and I went went out for coffee, we do it a lot with the kids already, but by ourselves was a rare treat. I could savour my coffee and not scold my mouth trying to drink it before tantrums! Was very good!!!


And to end on a super duper exciting note, tomorrow is the start of my block of the month quilt by Donna's in Hamilton. It is the first time I have joined in with something like this. No idea what the pattern, fabric any thing! YAY

Tx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Taking the bag out for it's first outing today, hope it stays together tee he he

    ReplyDelete