Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oh dear, sorry Sew Addictive Fabrics

So the http://www.sewaddictivefabrics.wordpress.com/ sew along is starting today. Got my pattern and fantastic fabrics last week in the mail. (Pattern by Make if Perfect) I had been so good, only getting the pattern out last night, not even tracing it.... Put my fabrics to the bottom of my piles so not to play too much with them... Then on Saturday I went to pick up my block of the month fabric from Donna's, my son spied some super cool Batman fabric, which they sold in fat 1/4 bundles. He knows my weakness, he knew he had me at "mummy I have found some material I like". So yes I brought it, and yes I traced my pattern and yes I made my hat. But, judge, in my defence, it is NOT my sew along fabric so it doesn't count...does it??


I do like the hat. It is cool, especially in batman fabric, the only thing is I think I needed to make it a size bigger. I measured his head, and I could not believe that a four year old would need a large, but I guess he did. It fits, but he has to give it a bit of a tug, which I am not so sure he will do at kindy, and I wonder if it will keep the sun off. So if you are going to make it, maybe go bigger, in my opinion. I could be wrong. I have found this with other hats too, maybe my children just have big heads..who knows.


See pretty cool!

So yes my other project, the quilting from Donna's. I am quite excited about this as I have never done a block of the month quilt. This year they are doing row of the month instead. I think to mix it up a bit. I picked modern floral on white. And the first months colours don't disappoint. My husband is working late afternoons this week and I am hoping to get a whole heap done on my list, including this row. It is traditional type quilting, so a whole bunch of triangles which I have tried to stay away from. So this is going to be a good test for me. And I see it as a fun way to build some new skills. I have only really made squares and strips. It will be good!
Half my postage stamp quilt is all together, so just another three rows, 18 blocks or a million little strips. But I am making progress and falling in love with it. Which I guess is good as I have no one to gift it too. It might end up at the beach on Adele's bed there. And that wont be a bad thing at all.
Right well as it is sort of our weekend, I am a SAHM and Blair works shifts all over the place, I have a bottle of wine in the fridge which I think we are going to have a couple of glasses of and probably talk all night about the children. Funny how that is the way!
T x

No comments:

Post a Comment