Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Rainbow sort of Quilt

I am so excited about this quilt. Like super duper excited! I brought this fabric a few years ago. It was to make a quilt for a baby we were expecting. And then we weren't, so I put the fabric away. I just couldn't sew it all up. But with the birth of Greta it was time to move on from the fabric being the other baby's fabric to it being Greta's fabric. And really this is such a cool quilt it had to be made!

It is from the book Handmade Beginnings by Anna Maria Horner. Now if you ever need inspiration on how to be an awesome person read her blog. SIX KIDS and still finds time for everything. I wish I could be half the crafter as her. In her book is the Hide and Seek Spectrum Quilt. I pretty much brought the book for this quilt.

This weekend the weather was terrible, we couldn't leave the house as Adele gets exhausted after a few minutes of not being on the couch. I made it over a couple of days. Most of the fabric was already cut, I just had to find coloured squares and sew it all up.




Don't you just love it too!!! (Please just nod don't burst my bubble) I am debating what sort of boarder to put around it, the pattern is white, I might do black, I am not sure. Did I say I love it!

School is back tomorrow so back to the busy craziness. I feel tired already.

Tx

1 comment: